REBRANDING... East Norwalk Improvement Association to East Norwalk Association and,
East Norwalk Library to East Norwalk Association Library.
EAST NORWALK MPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION “REBRANDS” ITS NAME
East Norwalk, CT - May 28, 2013 - Now in its 113th year since its founding in 1930, the East Norwalk Improvement Association has filed for
and received a Trade Name Certificate enabling the use of East Norwalk Association (ENA) as its name.
When first organized by a small group of East Norwalk women to “improve the look of its East Norwalk neighborhood” the organization, in
recent years has taken on the role of providing forums and discussions for community information and involvement, emphasis on the East
Norwalk Library (now the East Norwalk Association Library - ENAL) services and programming, and enabling the use of the Van Zilen
Community Hall for events and meetings for area not-for-profit organizations, monthly group and Church rentals, and other private events.
“Our new name --” explains the Board president, “the East Norwalk Association, reflects our continuing commitment to our community as a
unifying organization devoted to the needs of East Norwalk residents, businesses, and organizations.”
“The East Norwalk Association Library has been serving East Norwalk since 1913,” said Stan Siegel, Executive Director. East Norwalk
Improvement Association “the Library first started by offering books in the front window of Rundle’s Bakery on Van Zant Street. It was in 1917
that the Norwalk Improvement Association purchased the land and built the present building that houses the Library that still stands at East 51
Van Zant Street.
“The Association’s and Library’s services both, today and into the future, go beyond ‘improvement alone’ - the East Norwalk Association is
now a far-reaching and broad serving 501(c)3 organization providing a host of advantages to its community and elsewhere.”